Yearly or Monthly subscriptions

Nagato

1st Administrator no owner
Retired Staff
VIP
Apr 16, 2018
Would you prefer a yearly subscription or a monthly subscription?

While we're on this topic, not only would I prefer a yearly option, I would also prefer the following options:
  1. Netflix Originals only
  2. Device only (phones & tablets aka iPad)

Abizaga

Contributor
Jun 17, 2020
I prefer yearly ones so you don't have to deal with money being constantly drained from your bank account.

Alexander.

Oct 26, 2020
Well, I think it depends on several factors. Some people may not have enough money to pay for a yearly subscription upfront. I personally can afford it and prefer it because yearly memberships tend to better value than monthly payments.

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Mar 23, 2019
For me it largely depends on how much I'm likely to use/need a service, and the savings involved with a yearly subscription over a monthly one..

I quite like the flexibility of having Netflix on a monthly subscription, since I can cancel and re-join at will saving money in the long run.

ZandraJoi

Jan 28, 2021
Depends on what it's for. Netflix is monthly but Carbonite is yearly. For things we know we'd keep, I prefer to just pay it once a year. If we want to test something out, don't want to be in a commitment & have no chance of backing out easily.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
Yeah if I was the one paying for it @ZandraJoi once a year is what I would also prefer. However Netflix and streaming services like Hulu tend to charge monthly. I'm not even sure if you can pay for a year but if you could, that would be my preferred option myself.

Joshi

Contributor
Jan 10, 2021
are there any annual Netflix plans available in India and if no annual plan is available, then when? or do they have any such plans like Amazon Prime Video

Sep 30, 2020
I prefer to be able to pay for things upfront. If a year or longer is available to pay for a subscription, I am more likely to get that. My X-Box Live Gold subscription being one of them. It is far cheaper to get that as a year subscription, than the monthly or quarterly amounts.

Empire

Kings Of All Kings!
Feb 5, 2021
Really depends on the money and what's my paycheck really like. But it's mixed on my end.

1. Amazon Prine is monthly, and so is starzplay as a sub-subscription
2. I sub to three people on Twitch and that Each month
3. Hosting provider is three years
4. One of my Domain is yearly but cheaper if you do it for two years

When it comes to yearly or more you get far better discount and deal. If you do it monthly it adds up more in a year.

Xyphien

Jan 31, 2021
It depends on the service to be honest. Yearly always has the best price, but at times it can be a huge lump some to get the yearly plan. I do yearly for amazon prime, and my hosting which comes out to a combined price of $400 a year. It's not bad, however having to pay that in one month is crazy on top of bills. Netflix, and several others I stick with monthly for the time being to avoid all of that.