Xenforo too expensive?

N

Naiwen

My co-owner and I have had to shut down our Xenforo forum because it’s been costing him too much with all the add-ons and stuff. He couldn’t afford it after all. Do you personally find it too expensive for you?

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
$55 a year for updates isn't expensive for me at all. Plus you don't have to even buy the updates, you can still use the version you have when the updates expire so it's not expensive at all. The $160 some I think it is to get a license is only a one-time fee. You get to keep the license for free forever and don't have to pay again unless you want to. Sorry to hear your site got taken down. I will post on your new one sometime soon.

N

Naiwen

Maybe you could switch to a free board and only pay for hosting.

If you've got a backup you could do it.
Na, it's okay, I've made a new board for forum games and general chit-chat anyways, losing interest in the topic discussed anyways.

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Moderator
Ratings
Oh i see you have a proboard forum, i had one when my first community died back in 2009. I visited it today and all the forums were deleted, do you know why? I haven't touched it since 2010 or so.

N

Naiwen

Oh i see you have a proboard forum, i had one when my first community died back in 2009. I visited it today and all the forums were deleted, do you know why? I haven't touched it since 2010 or so.
No idea, sorry.

Abizaga

Contributor
Ratings
I will admit that yes it is expensive.On top of the software hosting, domain and renewal fees, many addons are charged for. I don't have any problem with that and its good to see coders get compensated but it can add up. Especially if you add on branding removal costs.

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Moderator
Ratings
I will admit that yes it is expensive.On top of the software hosting, domain and renewal fees, many addons are charged for. I don't have any problem with that and its good to see coders get compensated but it can add up. Especially if you add on branding removal costs.
I always thought that if you wanna have a nice forums you will have to invest a lot of money in it. Having a clunky forum software makes your users experience very bad so they might end up leaving..

Abizaga

Contributor
Ratings
I agree. Especially today you will ant anything that will fit and help whatever the cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Create an account or login to comment