What's new

Will Biden Handle the Corona Virus Situation Better? Poll

Will Biden do a better job than Trump with the Corona Virus Situation?

• Yes he will

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No he won't

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • It will be about the same

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
Awards
Simple poll I've decided to create. Do you think Biden will do a better job containing the virus?

I think that's why a lot of people voted for him, because of what's going on and how trump handled the virus situation. To be honest, why would Trump take a drug that doesn't even treat it for starters that actually has risk factors to make you sicker? As prescribed by his wacko-doctor.

Yes he will, no he won't, or it will be about the same. Please explain why you chose your answer below.

Lämmchen

Contributor
Ratings
Awards
No, Biden won't do anything better because Trump already had things set into place and Biden is just finishing the carrying out of those procedures. There is nothing new that Biden can do that isn't already being done so he's not going to make it any better. Biden even admitted that nothing can change the trajectory of the virus. He's a politician who likes to make promises in order to get elected.

Demon_skeith

Contributor
Ratings
Awards
Apparently he is making up the mistake by Trump of securing more vaccines. So I guess the answer already is yes.

Lämmchen

Contributor
Ratings
Awards
Apparently he is making up the mistake by Trump of securing more vaccines. So I guess the answer already is yes.

I thought Trump secured a good amount of vaccines in the time he had in office because at first we were told that there was no way Trump could have a vaccine before the end of 2020...and boy were they wrong about that. The companies went as quickly as they could so it's not like Trump failed us on that.

Demon_skeith

Contributor
Ratings
Awards

Empire

Kings Of All Kings!
Ratings
Awards
As is abundantly clear at this juncture, what we are dealing with is endemic not a pandemic and that genie will not be put back in the bottle. Much like influenza, we will see it forever on a rotating basis until a vaccine is developed.

As such, there is really nothing Biden can do or could have done which could have prevented this or mitigated it much. The only difference, perhaps, would be the associated timeline.

Lämmchen

Contributor
Ratings
Awards

You're claiming failure because a vaccine that we didn't even know would work back in the summer of 202 wasn't ordered in a higher number? Isn't it easy to look back on something and do the shoulda, woulda, coulda? 100,000 million doses were ordered initially and if the vaccine had been a total failure then people would blame Trump for that too. Once the science came out to show that the vaccine was effective then 100,000 million more doses were ordered in December and again, that's WAY before the timeline that people said would never happen.

Think back before the election when Democrats were questioning the vaccine? Even Kamala said that if Trump said to take it she wouldn't.

Lord Saru

Ratings
I think he will handle it far better than what Trump already did. Donald wasted so much dollars on Hydroxychloroquine that has no potential effect on the COVID virus. Its almost the same as how nations stocked Oseltamivir during influenza.

Biden is more into science and technology than what Trump is into cosmic divinity. So, I have hope.

marteebe

Ratings
I'm a Brit so please take my view with a pinch of salt as I am not an American. My sources are effectively the news and my friend who lives in Virginia. But from looking at the way Trump took on Coronavirus - effectively dismissing it at points, talking about knocking back bleach and basically telling those wearing masks it was a waste of time - it wouldn't surprise me that people voted Biden in based on the fact he may at least have a more sensible (Depending on your viewpoint) Corona plan. Then again, Trump is the one in some respects who started the vaccine production (Warp speed or whatever it was called) and ordered in some vaccines. I'm not sure what else Biden can/could do but maybe order some more in and be more stable with his coronavirus plan.