What color of theme do you like?

TheJason

Ratings
For my drumming and web development (I want a unique look.) forums I have dark - but the religious one I want to keep light. Anyway, studies have shown half of people like "only light", half can stand either - and a quarter only like dark. Those aren't exact figures, just something around that.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
Nice. Yeah I personally on this site use the light theme. I know @Laifot uses the dark theme as do some others. I like the light one though myself. And a religious site should have a light theme so your right about that :D

TheJason

Ratings
Nice. Yeah I personally on this site use the light theme. I know @Laifot uses the dark theme as do some others. I like the light one though myself. And a religious site should have a light theme so your right about that :D
Dark seems to be making a mockery of religion. Also, dark isn't good for stuff like babysitting sites etc..

TheJason

Ratings
They have a weird niche known as Black Hat SEO. In that one, black is the preferred color for their web development/business websites. Who has visited one? A cool one was called "TrafficGangster.Club" - but it's since went down. O.K. a popular one now is Black Hat World.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
They have a weird niche known as Black Hat SEO. In that one, black is the preferred color for their web development/business websites. Who has visited one? A cool one was called "TrafficGangster.Club" - but it's since went down. O.K. a popular one now is Black Hat World.
I've seen blackhatworld. Yeah that's an interesting site and one of the more popular ones with a dark theme. Probably one of the most popular having a dark theme. Never heard of traffic gangster though.

JoyFreak

Gaming community
VIP
Ratings
I prefer light as it's more professional looking. It usually depends on my mood really, prefer dark at nights due to my eyes and the brightness of the screen. I guess each to their own.

Malcolm

Contributor
VIP
Ratings
I own a coding forum so for me its dark because it’s easier to read and especially when coding all day it can be gentle on the old eyes

JoyFreak

Gaming community
VIP
Ratings
I own a coding forum so for me its dark because it’s easier to read and especially when coding all day it can be gentle on the old eyes
Dark themes usually work best on certain niche forums. I see them most regularly on coding/gaming forums etc. They work well because of that reason, that people like to feel comfortable after sitting all day staring at a screen of gaming or coding.

Sir Twisted

Ratings
To be honest I don't have a massive preference, my first theme started off as a light one, and then I created a light and dark version, however, my current theme just consists as a dark version.

N

NewsProject

Black and white and blue, currently the color theme of my latest news forum.

Juneberry

Ratings
I tend to like dark themes, but that's partially because I have chronic migraines and light themes make them hurt more. In terms of color schemes overall, though, I'm a big fan of mild themes like themes with pastels or dark, mild colors. Basically, I just don't like bright tones most of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Create an account or login to comment