Weirdest food you've tried?

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
The weirdest food I remember is something called Snoopies that we made in middle school. Their basically peanut butter cookies with lots of powdered sugar. Weird memories I have but they were really good. A lot of kids make them in school. Eating bugs is something that is entirely gross in my personal opinion. I don't see how people do it. I've seen those shows where they fry them up in a skillet and put them on sticks. Nasty.

Some culturally prepared food can be really tasty though. Any type of Chinese or Japanese food would be really good. Would be nice to have a Japanese steak. Kind of like Hibachi but not cut up and prepared like a New York Strip style steak.

Empire

Kings Of All Kings!
Feb 5, 2021
I tried escargot at a French restaurant once. The waiter, who didn't speak English, had to show me how to eat them, so he picked up the first one and basically fed it to me. I dunno, if you had them, served the same way, but there was a bed of salt and a burning butane or whatever thing in the middle of the plate surrounded by the shells. There was a special clamp that fits around the shells, you pick it up, warm it over the fire which melts the butter inside, then use a tiny fork to get at the snail. Very involved.

It was pretty good. :)