TV shows or movies turned into books?

22_22

Apr 26, 2020
Hopefully I do not confuse anyone here, but I think it is well documented that many books have had feature films or tv show adaptions. But what I am asking here is, what do you think about tv shows or movies that have been turned into books? On the flipside if you wish!

Which books have you loved or hated of these?

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
There's already a thread for this but I will say that the hunger games is a movie I really enjoyed. I didn't exactly read the book but I definitely think they did a fair job on it, probably close to as good as the book. Most books are better then the movies I will say.

JennyorAlice

Jul 23, 2020
Hollywood is making more and more movies (and tv shows) on literature. I figured they were running out of ideas so they're making more movies based on some book out there.

Lämmchen

Contributor
Apr 18, 2020
Stephen King wrote a book called The Stand in 1978 (reprinted in 1990) and it was turned into a mini series in 1994. The book horrified me in that it made me think about what I would do or not do if I were in those circumstances. The mini series movie was actually well done but I wouldn't want to watch it again!

I think I generally prefer books over movies because there are more details that movies have to leave out. Think of the Harry Potter series and how much had to be eliminated for space and time.