What's new
MindPiff Discussion Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own inbox!

Pre Built vs Custom Built

JoyFreak

Gaming community
VIP
Ratings
Awards
So who prefers to build their own PC or do you prefer to just buy a premade one? I watched this video and found it interesting how people can make their own PC specifications etc. Here's the video:

N

NewsProject

$390, are you serious? That's not a bad price tag.

Demon_skeith

Ratings
Awards
Always go custom-built if you can, that way you know more of whats in the PC and when you boot it up, it won't have all that bloatware that pre-made pcs will come with. Granted I've only owned pre-built PCs, but I'm hoping my next purchase will be of my own design.

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Moderator
Ratings
Awards
Custom Built PCs will always be the cheapest option around.

I never owned a Pre built, maybe those made by Dell called Optiplex are fairly good, not really strong CFG but you can do something with them.

N

Naiwen

I've always been buying my computers, not tech savvy enough to custom build one by myself.

Jason

Ratings
I build my PC and i don't go for Pre-Built PCs. Because Custom gives you the option to choose what you really want and upgrade later (components) unlike Pre-Built

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Moderator
Ratings
Awards
Man, those ensambled pcs are so expensive and some of them grab the cheapest components. I've been looking for some of them here in my country, i'd say they double the cost just for "assembling" :(

Joshua Farrell

Ratings
I have always wanted to build my own desktop, as I have taken apart a few I have owned in the past, but never really had the money to splurge for the parts, all upfront when I want to do it.

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Moderator
Ratings
Awards
I have always wanted to build my own desktop, as I have taken apart a few I have owned in the past, but never really had the money to splurge for the parts, all upfront when I want to do it.
I guess you fancy owning laptops right? you can build decent setups with little money nowadays. The components still stands (like Ryzen 1000 series ie.)

Joshua Farrell

Ratings
I guess you fancy owning laptops right? you can build decent setups with little money nowadays. The components still stands (like Ryzen 1000 series ie.)
I prefer desktops really. My day to day use is always on desktop.

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Ratings
Awards
I've never built my own custom PC before, and for the price and spec for some of the pre-builds you can pick up these days - I don't think it's particularly worth it either.

Lately I've been contemplating buying a new rig, and going back to a Desktop from a Laptop.. This must be getting on about 10 years old now! Trouble is, everything else could do with updating at the same time.. I fancy a new TV before a PC.

Alexander.

Ratings
Awards
I've always been buying my own machines. I'm not that tech-savvy and don't have enough knowledge to build my own. Custom Built models are cheaper, for sure, but I don't mind spending a little more on what I want for a hassle-free experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)