Debate and Collaborate With Like Minded People

Are you ready to share your opinions and thoughts with others? Register today to get the ability to post threads and share replies

SignUp Now!

Ozarks - Netflix

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Moderator
Ratings
Hey!

I've been digging this stuff for the last 3 days and i finished 3 seasons.

1588469043785.png

Financial advisor Martin "Marty" Byrde suddenly relocates his family from the Chicago suburb of Naperville to the summer resort community of Osage Beach, Missouri.[12] After a money laundering scheme for a Mexican drug cartel goes wrong, Marty must make amends by setting up a bigger laundering operation in the Lake of the Ozarks region of central Missouri. When the Byrdes arrive in Missouri, they become entangled with local criminals, including the Langmore and Snell families, and later the Kansas City Mafia.
My personal opinion is that the series develops its characters in a very good way with various plot twists and problems, you see how the situation always depends on a very slim thread. If you're into mobsters and criminal thingy this might be for you.

Spoiler: There are some LGBTQ+ scenes, if you're sensitive this series is not for you at all.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
This seems interesting. I'm always interested in shows that have to do with any type of mafia. Does this seem anything like a godfather type series? Obviously from the description the main character would not be the godfather type but possibly would take that vibe a bit.

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Moderator
Ratings
This seems interesting. I'm always interested in shows that have to do with any type of mafia. Does this seem anything like a godfather type series? Obviously from the description the main character would not be the godfather type but possibly would take that vibe a bit.
The protagonist is a very intelligent man, though he lacks some social abilities, his wife is quite the expert in that field they make an amazing team!

Yeah, Mobs and gangs are involved but not the Real Mafia, it's a very enjoyable show in my opinion, maybe starts really slow but then you can't stop watching.

Users Name

Contributor
Ratings
Yeah I wrapped the series up a few days ago and I quite enjoyed it. I'd compare it more to Breaking Bad than any mafia type thing and I liked how most characters had a morally grey aspect to them, instead of just good/ bad. Still hate Darlene as a character though

RedmondG

Ratings
I have heard a few people tell me how good the show is and now after seeing your posts, i'm going to give it a go myself. I'll check back in and let you know what i think :)

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Moderator
Ratings
Yeah I wrapped the series up a few days ago and I quite enjoyed it. I'd compare it more to Breaking Bad than any mafia type thing and I liked how most characters had a morally grey aspect to them, instead of just good/ bad. Still hate Darlene as a character though
The Kansas City Mafia is involved, that's why i put it back then, but anyway, the only bad thing is that we'll have to wait up till 2022 to get Season IV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)