Other options to Wordpress?

22_22

Ratings
I created my blog last year with WordPress which appears a very common thing to do. They have a good free option and I would say it is a great place to start for people wanting to get their words out there. It does exactly what I want it to do so I am happy with it.

It is always good to keep an open mind and try new things though... after all, WordPress might not be for everyone. So what other places can you go to host a blog? Tell us your success (or not so successful) stories about places to create your site!

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings

Wordpress is probably the best and main option for a blog. You could however get Xenforo 2 and use a blog add-on that way you could have a forum and a blog. Other ideas though not exactly blogs are Joomla. Which is a free platform some people use.

The one thing about wordpress is it's very professional but has security holes sometimes. Also their forum add-on called BBPress isn't that good however it's still an option if you want to integrate a forum into wordpress.

zoldos

Ratings
I personally dislike BB Press. It lacks many features and looks horrible. My choice for a forum will always be Xenforo. For a blog, I like a self hosted Wordpress. I also blog on Deviant Art and make video blogs as well on Youtube.

Demon_skeith

Ratings
Well there is Joolma, but I'm not too fond of it. If you don't like Wordpress, the next best option will be the article option with Xenforo.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings

Well there is Joolma, but I'm not too fond of it. If you don't like Wordpress, the next best option will be the article option with Xenforo.
That isn't actually that bad with the release of 2.2 to include the article option.

I won't be able to upgrade the site right away but yes I'm not too fond of joomla either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)