MSI or ASUS

Nova

Ratings

I recently purchased the ASUS laptop and I am happy with it. Though I want to know how much buffed up configuration is out there. And I came across the MSI laptops which were a bit pricey but worth checking I suppose.Anyone here have any experience with the MSI ?

Which one from the MSI or ASUS do you prefer?

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Moderator
Ratings

Hi!

I'm more of an ASUS fan, friends that had MSI wouldn't recommend it, even though i plan to get a 144hz 1ms rate monitor from then, i'm starting to get skeptic.. :(

the ASUS TUF is a more affordable option. :)

zoldos

Ratings
Both are reputable brands. I have an HP Omen "gaming" laptop that is really nice. :)

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings

Both are reputable brands. I have an HP Omen "gaming" laptop that is really nice. :)
Yeah I saw that on HP official website. I recently ordered a nice laptop from them. I couldn't afford Omen but I did see it advertised on their site. Those do look quite nice.

zoldos

Ratings
Right on. I mainly got it for my g/f so she and I will have internet when traveling. :)

ConteNY

Ratings
ASUS fan here, I am very happy with my I think 3 or 4 years old laptop. i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, and only 250SSD. Win 10. I never had any single issue with this laptop.

zoldos

Ratings
Coolness. Our HP Omen has 12GB ram (upgradeable), 128GB m2 SSD, 1TB HDD, and GTX 1660 graphics. :)

Lämmchen

Ratings

I absolutely love my ASUS except for one thing...the wifi isn't very reliable. Hopefully with newer laptops that has been fixed? Mine is about 6 years old I think?

We just changed out the battery on mine and the replacement works fine. The other battery was swelling and causing the touchpad to rise up so that was concerning but it's all flat now once again.

For speed I'm still happy after all these years with what I have. I do graphics and although at times the program I use locks up, I don't think it's the computer's problem and feel it's more to do with the graphic software itself.

The resolution is great, I have the eye relief button I can use and the stay cool feature works beautifully!

zoldos

Ratings
I absolutely love my ASUS except for one thing...the wifi isn't very reliable. Hopefully with newer laptops that has been fixed? Mine is about 6 years old I think?

We just changed out the battery on mine and the replacement works fine. The other battery was swelling and causing the touchpad to rise up so that was concerning but it's all flat now once again.

For speed I'm still happy after all these years with what I have. I do graphics and although at times the program I use locks up, I don't think it's the computer's problem and feel it's more to do with the graphic software itself.

The resolution is great, I have the eye relief button I can use and the stay cool feature works beautifully!
What's wrong with the wifi? Weak signal? Ours picks up 5G from our dual band router.

Demon_skeith

Ratings
I've had both and I feel my ASUS held up better than my MSi. Practically day one my MSI laptop had cooling issues I didn't like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)