Mini-me icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Ratings
Is there a reason you have disabled this feature?

If it's due to potential clutter with the online/offline indicator on the thread list, I feel like this is more useful personally.

I don't use "Watched threads", so it's pretty difficult for me to identify which threads I've previously posted in.. :cry:

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
If you mean the mini-avatar of the user that last posted on the left side then I believe it's default in 2.1 not to be there. I stopped using my last post avatar add-on after 2.1 released since it had avatars by default. And you should be automatically subscribed to any thread you post in, where you would then receive an alert anytime you had a reply to a thread. Unless you were manually opting not to receive alerts then you would easily be alerted.

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Ratings
If you mean the mini-avatar of the user that last posted on the left side then I believe it's default in 2.1 not to be there.
Really? I didn't know that.. Seems like a bit of a backward move to me, but I'm sure they have their reasons for it.

And you should be automatically subscribed to any thread you post in, where you would then receive an alert anytime you had a reply to a thread. Unless you were manually opting not to receive alerts then you would easily be alerted.
Yes, I opted out. I find it too intrusive, especially when you're posting on quite a few different communities.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
Really? I didn't know that.. Seems like a bit of a backward move to me, but I'm sure they have their reasons for it.

Yes, I opted out. I find it too intrusive, especially when you're posting on quite a few different communities.
Yes I suppose it is a bit of a backward move although for that reason there's not much I can do. However it's not like the alerts are in-your-face to the point where you would need to disable them? Not sure why you have done this but to each their own. Though I do wish you would re-enable them so that you were updated if someone responded. Going on an avatar has never been an ordinary way to keep up with forum threads and in my opinion wouldn't be easy even if 2.1 did have that option.

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Moderator
Ratings
Yes I suppose it is a bit of a backward move although for that reason there's not much I can do. However it's not like the alerts are in-your-face to the point where you would need to disable them? Not sure why you have done this but to each their own. Though I do wish you would re-enable them so that you were updated if someone responded. Going on an avatar has never been an ordinary way to keep up with forum threads and in my opinion wouldn't be easy even if 2.1 did have that option.
I think that it takes too much room but either way i still see that if the thread title is long just sticks with the "...". If it wasn't because of this thread i wouldn't notice.

Weird, it really helps you out to keep track of the threads you're active. Maybe the add-on could include your post content to follow your own stuff.

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Ratings
Going on an avatar has never been an ordinary way to keep up with forum threads and in my opinion wouldn't be easy even if 2.1 did have that option.
I guess my preference goes back to vBulletin whereby threads you had posted in had a 'dot' or 'checkmark' on the folder icon in a similar location.

2.1 has the option, but not user selectable. It's either on or off, and it seems I'm outnumbered on this one.. (y)

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
I guess my preference goes back to vBulletin whereby threads you had posted in had a 'dot' or 'checkmark' on the folder icon in a similar location.

2.1 has the option, but not user selectable. It's either on or off, and it seems I'm outnumbered on this one.. (y)
I would be more than happy to add it if there was an option. I couldn't find one however. Where do you suppose I look? Hope

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Ratings
I would be more than happy to add it if there was an option. I couldn't find one however. Where do you suppose I look? Hope
Actually, I suspect it may be a style edit.. Has your thread_list_macros template been edited?

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
Actually, I suspect it may be a style edit.. Has your thread_list template been edited?
thread_list_macros has been edited by our style creator. Not sure what he did that would differ from the default way. I actually would enable this for sure if you knew what I could do to add it. I'm not against it and I don't think anyone is for that matter. Your feedback really is valued. And I'd also like to say I'm glad you've decided to be active here. If you have any further ideas let me know.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
@Nerdface this has now been fixed on both light and dark styles. Somehow the style creator has a display: none property on the mini-avatar. Not sure as to how or why they chose to add the property to the style, however the issue is now resolved and the mini-avatar will now show up when you've posted in a thread. I had no idea this was default and you really helped out the site a lot by pointing out the issue as I had been unaware of. Congratulations on receiving the bright idea award. I will give you time to reply and then move this to closed feedback

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Ratings
Excellent! Thank you for adding that, though it did surprise me that there was no option attached to it when we looked into it..

I can kinda see why you may want to hide it from a styling perspective, especially if you have a few other things going on in that small space. All being said, we're creatures of habit and this is just my preferred setup so thanks again.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
Excellent! Thank you for adding that, though it did surprise me that there was no option attached to it when we looked into it..

I can kinda see why you may want to hide it from a styling perspective, especially if you have a few other things going on in that small space. All being said, we're creatures of habit and this is just my preferred setup so thanks again.
Yeah no problem and thank you. If you had not pointed it out we may have gone on for sometime not noticing. I'm going to move this to closed feedback now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Create an account or login to comment