How much censoring should be on the internet?

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
I don't think the government should be involved when it comes to any type of censoring. In my opinion it's a waste of time to try to censor the Internet. Unless it breaks any laws, which in any event may be okay to censor all together. If it doesn't break the law what your censoring, there doesn't seem to be any point.

Xyphien

Jan 31, 2021
I don't think the government should be involved when it comes to any type of censoring. In my opinion it's a waste of time to try to censor the Internet. Unless it breaks any laws, which in any event may be okay to censor all together. If it doesn't break the law what your censoring, there doesn't seem to be any point.
I agree with this for the most part. I'm touch and go on the government having any say in the internet but it really depends on the type of illegal content in my opinion. Marijuana for example is federally illegal in the united states, however over half of the US allows it either completely legal or medicinally which still makes it illegal in the eyes of the government. With them censoring anything illegal it'd in turn censor that sort of content as well. With that, someone who has extreme seizers may never find out that smoking can significantly reduce them, etc.

Lord Saru

Jun 6, 2020
I would point out two very important reasons for censorship of the internet:

1. The internet is a repository of data and data is becoming the new gold. People should be given the benefits of companies using their data. The profits accrued by MNCs due to their use of this public good has to be taxed.

2. Just like privacy, human dignity is also fundamental to the nature of human existence. It has to be respected at all cost. Social media is now a platform to shame people and its being misused rampantly.