How many bookmarks do you have?

Nagato

1st Administrator no owner
Retired Staff
VIP
Apr 16, 2018
I don't have many and I try to limit the number of accounts I have. I re-organized the bookmarks, which got me thinking, how many bookmarks do you have?

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
Before I had my new computer I used to have tons. I mean tons. I had to use the search method in order to get to them. After getting my new computer there aren't that many for now. They will build up over time though.

Nagato

1st Administrator no owner
Retired Staff
VIP
Apr 16, 2018
Before I had my new computer I used to have tons. I mean tons. I had to use the search method in order to get to them. After getting my new computer there aren't that many for now. They will build up over time though.
Why did you need that many? And why didn't you import or sync the bookmarks?

At the moment, I have bookmarks for online shopping, streaming, & social media

Demon_skeith

Contributor
May 6, 2020
Over a 100 for sure, realllllly need to go in and start trimming them down. Though some are from sites long gone that I miss.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
Why did you need that many? And why didn't you import or sync the bookmarks?

At the moment, I have bookmarks for online shopping, streaming, & social media

Because my computer literally shut down. There was no bringing it back. Completely destroyed. I know how to import bookmarks though. Isn't that difficult. Wish I had of recovered them. Some good web dev resources.

Sep 30, 2020
I probably have over 100 bookmarks in just one browser. Used to have more. This thread reminds me that I probably should clear out the ones I know I won't use anymore.

Xyphien

Jan 31, 2021
I have a ton of bookmarks, I have them labeled and organized pretty nice. I never check them though unless I completely forget a site. If I had to put a number I'd say around 100+ as well as most here.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
I don't think I could count my bookmarks!! I have 18 categories so that gives you an idea that I'm a bookmark hoarder. Most times I'm too lazy to put them in the proper folder and I think someday I'll go back and organize it all but I never do.

Is there a way to check for dead links in bookmarks?

You could use the search feature I suppose. I think google chrome also has it though I use firefox. Though there's a whole world of browser extensions no one ever pays attention too. I think I'll make a thread about that in a moment. It's funny how no one uses them. Is there one for that? Probably so.