Getting back old members

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NewsProject

Any strategy to get back some old active members to post again on MP?

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings

@NewsProject I thought about sending out a site-wide email but I haven't been able to work site mails to not go to the spam folder yet. That's something I'm going to look into soon. In the mean time I will be buying a new add-on within a month or so probably that stops bots from signing up dead in their tracks. I plan to enable email confirmations after we get a bit more active regardless of if it goes to spam though I should be able to fix the issue soon. Though I'd rather not send out an email to anyone for that reason. I plan on getting back on forum promotion eventually and seeing how that goes. Plus my discord server will get us users which you should join.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings

Yes glad to hear that @Mr. Cream. Should be good fun to watch this site grow

Thomasss

Ratings

@NewsProject I thought about sending out a site-wide email but I haven't been able to work site mails to not go to the spam folder yet. That's something I'm going to look into soon. In the mean time I will be buying a new add-on within a month or so probably that stops bots from signing up dead in their tracks. I plan to enable email confirmations after we get a bit more active regardless of if it goes to spam though I should be able to fix the issue soon. Though I'd rather not send out an email to anyone for that reason. I plan on getting back on forum promotion eventually and seeing how that goes. Plus my discord server will get us users which you should join.
Try MailChimp! Since you use Xenforo, you can just generate a list of usernames and emails and import them into MailChimp and go from there. It's free, too, which is nice, and allows you to automate some of these emails based off of the RSS feeds. They don't go to spam, either! :p

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings

Try MailChimp! Since you use Xenforo, you can just generate a list of usernames and emails and import them into MailChimp and go from there. It's free, too, which is nice, and allows you to automate some of these emails based off of the RSS feeds. They don't go to spam, either! :p
Do you know a way I can keep emails from going to spam for email confirmations when a user signs up?

Thomasss

Ratings

Do you know a way I can keep emails from going to spam for email confirmations when a user signs up?
I run all my emails through a delegated IP address that isn’t accessible otherwise. My site runs on different IP’s, and my email systems run off another one, if that makes sense?

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings

No problem @Laifot your welcome and thank you as well. Your a big part of this site.

Anyways I'm going to lock this thread for now as there's nothing more to continue on about. But I may look into mail chimp. I'll probably have a way to make it so that emails don't go to spam soon. Regardless the email gets sent and users seem to find it quite fine. I also changed a phrase so that it tells the user signing up to make sure they check spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)