Favorite Text Editor -> IDE?

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
What's your favorite text editor or IDE. I prefer phpstorm by Jetbrains. An amazing quality IDE for advanced work. For html, css, and sometimes js I prefer Sublime Text 3.

Sublime text is very organized in my opinion for html and css. Anything like php and advanced js I prefer phpstorm but sublime is amazing for small jobs.

Phpstorm and all jetbrains products are free to try for 30 days and if your in school and can prove it with a .edu email address you get their all products pack absolutely free and no charge to you whatsoever.

If you check them out be sure to go to their individual customers tab as it shows the business tab first which is more expensive. Phpstorm is $89 first year, $71 second year and $53 third year on. When you buy 1 year you get what they call a "perpetual fallback license". This means that once your year runs out you can down grade to the version that was out when you first paid for that year and that version is yours to keep forever. You get the version out when you pay for it forever. This applies to all their products or the all product pack as well.

Sublime text is $80 but has an extended trial that lasts as long as you choose to trial it. There's no time limit on the trial and you can use it as long as you want. Check them out when you get a chance.

https://www.jetbrains.com

https://www.sublimetext.com

Let me know what you all think~TopSilver

Attachments

Drek

Ratings
Notepad. Never fails me.

Nagato

1st Administrator no owner
Retired Staff
VIP
Ratings
PHPStorm FTW!

CallForDiscord

Ratings
Notepad++ is my TextEditor of choice.. Free and easy to use.. hasn't failed me yet :3

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
Notepad++ is my TextEditor of choice.. Free and easy to use.. hasn't failed me yet :3
You could easily do better. Notepad++ is good if that's all you feel like using but you'd enjoy Atom or Visual Studio Code. They are both free and have many features as well as a very good package manager.

CallForDiscord

Ratings
I use Visual Studio sometimes too, but i prefer Notepad++ since it's just easier and i'm more used to it i suppose.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
I use Visual Studio sometimes too, but i prefer Notepad++ since it's just easier and i'm more used to it i suppose.
People tend to stick with what their used to so that's understandable. The main reason I use jetbrains products is because it's easier for me to learn. Text editors are more for pros to organize their code

Malcolm

Contributor
VIP
Ratings
I use Atom.io, Visual Studio, Codelite and Sublime! Really depends on what I'm doing, they all have their qualities. :)

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Ratings
I tend to use Notepad++ purely out of habit.. I haven't really explored alternatives as I haven't felt the need to do so.

TopSilver

MP Founder
Administrator
Ratings
I tend to use Notepad++ purely out of habit.. I haven't really explored alternatives as I haven't felt the need to do so.
It's good for light work. But to make add-on it's phpstorm for me. I use sublime text for light work as stated above. Just like the people who can't let go of their VIM editor since it's command based mostly it's interesting that a lot of people are saying Notepad++.

I guess it is just a habit. Though sometimes it helps to have error checking and/or at least some linters. Makes advanced work a bit easier. Currently I know that the creators of Xenforo made the software with Phpstorm. But that's just something I wanted to share. It's in the dev docs. But either way, whatever gets the job done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About Us

Welcome to MindPiff! We are a new general discussion community message board for folks to gather and discuss anything on their mind that might peak their interest. We hope to build a large following in the future and hope you will sign up to be apart of the site as we continue to reach out the those on the web. We have categories for many things ranging from computers and video games all the way to ghost stories and religion. We have areas for debates and also general discussions about lots of topics