What's new

Console Wars

Abizaga

Contributor
Ratings
Awards
Are the console wars still a thing? I know they are atill rivals but once there was a time when it was all you'd hear about especially online butnI haven't heard any of that in ages.

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Ratings
Awards
Yes, I'd say that console wars are still a thing.. They're perhaps not so prevalent as they were in the 90's and early 00's, but exclusivity deals are still a thing (albeit they tend to be time limited these days) and cross-platform gaming online is still restricted to just a few games.

Not to mention that you still have fanboys or fangirls of Xbox and PlayStation, who declare a 'loyalty' to either side. Their arguments are largely based on opinion, though.

Nagato

1st Administrator no owner
Retired Staff
VIP
Ratings
Awards
Yes, I'd say that console wars are still a thing.. They're perhaps not so prevalent as they were in the 90's and early 00's, but exclusivity deals are still a thing (albeit they tend to be time limited these days) and cross-platform gaming online is still restricted to just a few games.

Not to mention that you still have fanboys or fangirls of Xbox and PlayStation, who declare a 'loyalty' to either side. Their arguments are largely based on opinion, though.
I was all in on Xbox, then I traded in my Xbox One and got a PS4. I really only play CoD, Overwatch, GTA (Campaign and multiplayer 3 times a year), and some single player games here and there.

I want to get a (pre-built) custom gaming PC (Where I can switch the parts out; bad eyesight) but that probably wont be for 2-3 years. I want to get a 4k monitor 144hz minimum and 1ms. The way things are that could very well be $7k

Laifot

Explosion!
Super Mod
Ratings
Awards
I think that's more of a mid 90s thing. I've never seen a rivalry like Sega and Nintendo these days anymore.

Nagato

1st Administrator no owner
Retired Staff
VIP
Ratings
Awards
I think that's more of a mid 90s thing. I've never seen a rivalry like Sega and Nintendo these days anymore.
Xbox Vs PlayStation was massive and each time a new version gets announced, it starts up again.

Nerdface

Bazinga!
Ratings
Awards
Xbox 360 vs PS3 definitely felt like more of a thing than Xbox One vs PS4, though.? or perhaps I'm just less involved these days!

I was a huge fan of the Xbox 360, though I did go through quite a few of them due to various issues.. The last straw came when I got a console ban for exploiting a marketplace glitch for a handful of free games, despite purchasing another console afterwards it didn't really get played - and instead I switched to PS3. This was just a few months before the PS4 was released, and so I decided to side with Sony again.